2. Wrap up warm, blankets, hot water bottle and hot chocolate – the essentials.
3. Layer up if you’re as big enough a kid as I am to go out for walks in this monstrous blizzard!! Wear as many trousers, socks and t-shirts as you can. You’ll thank me later..
4. A more serious point – don’t make a car journey unless it is NECESSARY, if you can’t get to work but it means lowering your chances of an accident, just take the day off okay.
5. Take advantage of being “snowed in” by the Beast Of The East, and have a rest. Watch a film, a tv show, read a book or a magazine, have a nap. Just have a little rest. It’s not often that we get an excuse to sit around all day doing nothing!
6. Don’t panic!! I can’t predict the weather but knowing how crazy our weather is here in the UK (snow in March???), I’m pretty sure it’ll start to clear over the weekend, or at least next week. You aren’t going to be snowed in forever! At least I hope not..
7. Going back to point number 5, why not take this opportunity to practise some self care? Have a bath, do some drawing, write, read a book, do anything / something that you enjoy, especially if it’s something you rarely make time to do!! You could even go skiing if you have enough snow!
8. If you’re feeling bored but don’t feel like braving the cold, look up #TheBeastFromTheEast on social media and have a look at some of the images, they’re very pretty. Can you tell the weather’s starting to get to me?!
9. Brave the cold and go and take some very pretty pictures and upload them to social media with the hashtag #TheBeastFromTheEast so anyone else who’s stuck at home, bored can see them..
10. Look up things to do when you’re bored on Pinterest. You may find something you’d like to try, you’ve got the time to do it today after all!
11. Don’t forget to eat and drink properly.
12. If you choose to go out, STAY SAFE.
13. All jokes aside, if you feel lonely or like you need to reach out for help, please do. Call a friend or a family member or even the CALL helpline which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0800 132 737.
Ciao for now x